In honor of your 7th birthday, I reflect back on the 7 defining moments that has made me proud to be your mommy. These moments are in no order, but they are moments that have truly defined my love for you, and my love in being your mommy.
1. The moment when you decided to follow Christ. I have never felt more proud, more happy, or more blessed to see you walking in the path of Christ.
2. The moment when you were born. I had never been a mommy before. And it was hard labor carrying you in my womb. You were born and you were sick. So often I would be by your NICU crib just reading to you, loving on you, or holding your hand.
3. The moment when you learned how to read. I hadn't taken the decision to homeschool you lightly. It was a decision I prayed and agonized over. But when I made the decision, I trusted God. And then you learned to read. And I watched how you blossomed, how you grew, how you became confident in yourself because you were able to read.
4. The moment when you saved my life, but were so scared to. You know Mommy has been sick for a while, but when Mommy needed you most, you were there for me. You called 911, got them to the house, and told them what was wrong. You did this with clarity, strength, and grace. And Mommy was able to survive.
5. The moment when daddy left us and you held on to me with strength. I went into a depression when he left, and you, you, held me like I was able to go on. I lost my smile, and you gave it back to me. I was crying, and you healed my heart. You showed with all 2 years of yourself that you and I were/are/and always will be a team.
6. The moment when you showed me that you really are listening to me. This summer at Myrtle Beach lots of people came up to me and told me that my daughter was well behaved, a respectful young lady, and that her heart was pure gold. I've tried to instill respect, love, and helpfulness in you, and you are showing me that you are listening.
7. The moment when you looked at me and reminded me that I am loved by you. You have shown and told me repeatedly that you love me. Your love helps me to live. Your love has shown me that there is always someone watching me, so I better set a good example. So your love helps me to grow, grow more in God, grow more in grace, grow more in peace.
So my baby, on your 7th birthday, you are loved. You are cared for, you are deeply appreciated. And, you, you are mine.