Thursday, September 5, 2013

Week 5

Week 5, wow 1 month and 1 week into school. I am so amazed at how time flies by when you are having fun. This week we start co-op and we are doing a complete week of school which means that school now moves to Saturday. I don't count co-op as a part of school because while she is learning, I use co-op for a chance for Tater to learn how to interact/socialize with others. Therefore, she attends school on Saturday as well.

In Language Arts, Tater is going to work on writing, and reading comprehension skills. Tater was supposed to work on learning about verbs, but our books did not come in at the library so I changed up lesson plans. This is the reason why I love homeschooling. I can pretend its on the lesson plan. Flexibility is such an awesome thing. So instead we are going to read The Berenstain Bears and Corduroy books and work on reading comprehension and coloring. Always coloring.

In math we are going to start with addition of the ONE Family. I found an awesome book on adding families using the number families. So we are going to focus on this until our first 9 week break.

Social Studies is looking and studying at the state of TN. I figure that since we live in TN we might as well learn about the state. Going to be fun and interesting.

Spelling is learning the short vowel 'E' sounds. Can't wait to help Tater learn 6 more new words.

Science is nutrition/health studying. We  are going to be studying this series for about 2 weeks. I want Tater to have a good grasp on why we eat certain foods, what food groups are there, and how/where are food gets to us. I'm very excited about this topic. Having diabetes means that this subject is close to me, so maybe we will learn something together.

In Bible class we are still learning Romans 12:1-5. Tater has managed to get verses 1 down, so now we are learning verse 2.

Jr Bug and Lady Bug started with colors last week, blue and yellow. We are still continuing down that path. They are also still working on 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. So we are still plugging away at that.

Stay tuned for more adventures from The Vine Academy...

No comments:

Post a Comment