Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Smell of Pepper



Our local library had a poetry contest for the school-aged children. The contest was entitled A smell that brings back memories. Well Tater entered the contest. She entered in the Kindergarten grade because it was her first time writing poetry.
Well out of all of the entries she won first place for her division. In honor of her winning her division, she was asked to read her poem at a reception held at the library for all of the poetry winners. Her poem was called The Smell of Pepper. It was a poem of her remembering my service dog Tye. Below is her poem.

The smell of pepper
Blowing through the sky
Reminds me of the day
When I got Tye
Tye was my friend
Until the very end
I miss him being by my side
And I miss walking Tye.

Below are some pictures of her at the reception. 

Her poem won 1st place
Reading her poem.
Brother and Sister at the Reception. 

Needless to say, I am very proud of my girl. Who nows maybe she will be the next author, poet, or creator of some literary genius peice of writing. Congrats Tater on a job well done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment