Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day. A day set aside to remember those who have fought and died for our freedom. As a veteran of this great Nation, I feel its my duty to teach my kids why Memorial Day is important. I lost a friend of mine, while he was fighting in OEF (Operation Enduring Freedom), and in honor of him, and my fallen comrades, I taught my children why I salute these men and women. I know that my babies are young, but my belief is that if I teach them while they are young, they will be able to forever remember why this day is important to me. Below are pictures of us honoring this day.

Displaying IMG_20150525_123035_980.jpg
Tater and Jr Bug watching a video about Memorial Day.
Displaying IMG_20150525_123009_087.jpg
Same video, different view. 
Displaying IMG_20150525_113432_836.jpg
Tater's journal assignment for today. 
Displaying IMG_20150525_103608_663.jpg
We lit this candle in honor of all those who lost their lives fighting for our freedom. This candle stayed lit during school. 


This was just a glimpse of our reverence to every sailor, air men, soldier, and Marine who gave their lives. To you I salute you. To your families I say May God Bless You. 
HOOAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment