Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What Scares You

   So today in a homeschool blog on Facebook a question was posed..."What scares you about homeschooling?" I looked at a lot of the answers, some said everything, some said breaking their child. Some even said teaching the right things. I must say those were true and great answers.
   But, my answer was nothing. I am not scared of anything related to homeschooling. I am not being proud, I am being honest. And here's why I am not scared. Christ called me to this ministry. Christ gave me this ministry to teach my children. How could I possibly be scared, When God gave me this gift.
   See God knew that when He put the desire to teach my children that yes there would be bad days, good days, days when I couldn't come and teach, days when giving up would be the best answer, and days that trying, succeeding, and failing were all worth the effort.
   In His omniscient knowledge, God knew that yes I would be scared to try, that I would be afraid. And for those days, He has provided me with great comfort. He has given me one verse that reminds me that on my days of feeling like I am a failure and that I can't do this because I will not teach her everything that she needs to know. This verse reminds me that not only can I do this thing called homeschooling, but that God commands me to homeschool boldly, and in His name.
   This verse that I am referring to is Joshua 1:9. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. This verse speaks life to me. This verse sums up my bad days, my hard days, my I'm not schooling one more minute day. This verse speaks to me on those days where we are behind, late, or in bad attitudes.
  One of the main things that I love about this verse is that right off top God commands me to pay attention by asking me a question, Has He not commanded me? He tells me that He has commanded me not to be scared, but to be of good spirits. DO NOT BE AFRAID. In other words, those days are going to come, anytime you face doing your God given ministry there will be days that you face that are going to be challenging, hard, and difficult. Those days are required to show you your strength, you have to have the hard days in order to grow. In order to reach the higher level that God is drawing you to.
The other part of this verse that I love is the last sentence. The Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go. This verse speaks to me that I am not alone in homeschooling. So many times, we as moms, dad, parents feel alone when we homeschool. No one else is going through these rough days and the bad attitudes, and the stress that we endure. But, God is there, He goes with us. He is there listening, reaching out if we just accept Him. He goes before us. He goes with us. He is there beside us. I love knowing that my God, my Savior, and my Friend is there so I don;t have to face these difficult times, lessons alone.
So, am I afraid of homeschooling? What about homeschooling scares me? NOTHING.   Because God is with me, He walks beside me, He comforts me, and most importantly He commands me to not be scared, to not be afraid.


No comments:

Post a Comment