Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day


     So yesterday was Father's Day. A day known to celebrate fathers. Well, in our household, I am mommy and daddy. Yes, I am a single mom. My kids know that we are blessed that we God as our Heavenly Father and that He is a Father to the fatherless. My kids also know that while I didn't choose to be single,  circumstances beyond our control made us this way.
    But here's the thing, my kids also know that I love them enough for 2 parents, and although they may be missing a true man in our home, we have plenty of men who have stepped up to take that role in their lives. These men have defied the odds to love my children, like their father has been unable to do.
    So, with yesterday being Father's Day my babies made cards for me. They said to me even though daddy isn't here for us, you are, and we love you for that. Here are some pictures of the cards that my Tater and Jr Bug gave to me. The mommy who's holding down the job of both mommy and daddy.

Jr Bug's Card for mommy. 
The inside. 
The inside of Tater's reads I love you!

They made these cards at church. I was so touched and felt so loved to have recieved these special gifts from my babies. They adore me and realize that while I may not physically be a man, I am there for them both physically and spiritually. I provide for them in ways that others may not. I am there when others walk out. Their gift to me speaks of the gift of life, of love, and of appreciation. I am blessed to be their mommy and on this Father's Day, blessed to be a "dad" to them as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment